Wednesday, January 27, 2010

to my dearest friend

Dear Shattrul Ayman,

I think I sent you an extremely early birthday wish the other day. Just because I thought that it was actually January the 28th on Tuesday. I guess I got so sleepy that I disregard myself from checking the calender again. Slackerr !

Happy 21st Birthday Shatt ! Really, can you imagine being this old ? I mean, when the time comes for me, I wouldn't. I'm still wishing that I could just be in my teen years. Letting go of my teenage years was hard. Because I love being young. And I want my parents to always be young too. Somehow it scares me a lot that they're turning older. I can't bare myself into imagine losing and living without them. I miss being a teenager !! I guess I'm still a kid at heart.

Anyhoos, this is not supposed to be about me. Shatt, you're finally turning yourself legal ! Being a year older is not always about being gradually free from your parents. It's about being responsible to oneself and others around you. It's never a crime for someone that's old, mm like mmm us to have fun. Because fun is for eveyone. Growing older is about knowing your limits. Knowing what's right and wrong. Eventhough while having fun. I bet you already knew that. Because it's a clear, norm rule for everyone. The fact that either you will allow yourself be responsible and having fun while still be age appropriate about the whole thing or not. It's an option for everyone. And I hope you'll make the right decision my friend.

I hope with a new year and with a new coming of age, you will try to cut down those fag sticks. And hopefully soon enough you'll lose it all. You're too good for that (: There's nothing fundamental about smoking. And I wisefully disagreed upon everyone investing so much money to buy cigarettes. Wise man think well ! Remember that. If you love your money, invest it with something better. Even to more clothes/shoes are better. With no exception to men. Ahah. That's me. Girls will be girls.

And above all, being a year older is about being grateful to God and your parents. MashaAllah, God is just far too great for inventing us. The fact that you have the chance to live up until now is just beyond words that could describe. He greatfully gave you another day of chances to repent yourself. God is definitely the most merciful. I personally think, God is far too nice to me for providing me with so many seconds of every minutes of every day so that I can commit better to Him. In which, I don't think I'm close enough to. InsyaAllah, I'll have better chances to correct myself through everything. We are not getting younger right Shatt ? Have to somehow face the fact. And your parents, enough said that they're the reason you're here. I personally think, our birthday is a day where you get and should thank your parents more. To think of it, it's a day where we should celebrate them and not us. Their hardwork and dedication towards us. The backbones to your bright future kan Shatt ? It's them. Remember that okay (:

Vis-a-vis, I hope you'll have a great day and we will celebrate it together with the others soon. InsyaAllah my friend.



With love from a friend,
Nurfara Elisa Zainal (:



No comments:

Post a Comment