Tuesday, January 19, 2010

a future engineer in the making, just like dad (:

I'm officially employed !





By Ayah. Haha. Since I'm off planned with things to do while my friends are busy studying and meddling with their truck loads of assignments, I'm at home, chewing, munching, pig out, sleeping, catnapping and well, I guess you get what I mean by now. I decided earlier that I'm going to start working. It's a tad earlier than what I've planned and mentioned from my previous post. But, I couldn't hardly say 'no' to Ayah on this one.

Today's my first day on guard by Ayah. Basically, I did nothing else than just read a lot. Ayah's trying to get me well informed with his new projects. I have no other choices but to go through the Contract Document that have been appointed by the Project Site Manager of one of the 3 projects that I've been appointed to help in. It's kind of intriguing at first, but after awhile, the too much reading felt endless which makes me sleepy. Give me a break aye, it's my first day. So much for great first impression to the other workers. Aye-ya-yaey.


Since the offices are currently being fully occupied with so many workers, I didn't get my own cubicle to sit in private, or even a desk for my own. Solution wise, I'm in Dad's office the whole time. I'm like a stagnant water in a glass. So well behaved like a miss goody-too-good. I even put my mobile phone in silent mode the whole time. Luckily there's not much calls to answer. Not that I ever have a lot of calls in one day pun. Just so you know, I don't really answer any calls when my parents around. Just because somehow I feel like I'm being rude to them if I did. I'm not sure of why.

So, anyway, today wasn't that bad overall. Went to the Laman Seri Business Park to see Ayah's new office with Tok Andak, Uncle Fir and Uncle Burn around 3. The view is breath-taking which overlook the Stadium Shah Alam itself. I guess I'll be getting my own cubicle soon. Ahah.

Apart from everything that I've metioned, I have to say that I'm glad I get to work in Ayah's office. I get to witness all of his hardwork even when he's talking with his business associates. I think he wants me to learn something from him. And I did. Seeing Ayah doing his work gives me a lot more respect towards him. He's been working really reallyyyyy hard. And it shows. Alhamdulillah it finally paid off too. I don't think I have ever put enough effort to thank him personally and realized what he had outcome from all those passing years. He's inspiring and I couldn't translate enough emotions on how much I am proud of him. Starting from scratch and insyaAllah continuing to build his empire in everything on what he is doing now and in the future. I hope someday, he'll get a recognition from what he succeed in doing. For I'm sure, many would agree to this. His loyal workers, business associates and family members. Try to excused me, I am a proud daughter (:

2 comments:

  1. faro, ill be cheering u from now on!
    go go! u can do it :D
    make ur father proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks sweetie (:

    Keep updating your blog. I'll be running in and out to read it. It's the best way to keep on track with one another (my p.o.v).

    ReplyDelete