I've been delaying summing up my Bali trip. I'm not even half way through. And I've been forcing myself to finish it because soon I'll forget everything. But broadband have been given me an extra hard time to because they're getting slower. So, I haven't been up to go online that much because I have no patience to wait with the slowness on being on the net. I miss blogging ):
A lot had happened. As I would like to recall, the most recent which is rather a tragic news to spread around was the attack on flotilla by the Israeli. People all over the world are still in shocked with the much selfish act by Israel and are against by all will. World's residence are now waiting to get justice out of this devastating news while protesting. And let's just pray for something good to happen out of this misery.

Other than that, it was World Milk Day yesterday. I never knew there was one before this. And there was a huge celebration on last 30th of May in Pavilion for this particular occasion. According to Dutch Lady Milk Industries Berhad managing director, Bas van den Berg said the event was aimed to draw attention to low consumption of milk in the country. And Malaysian is said to only consume 30 litres of milk a year. And that is 70% less than other countries.
I think this is a good way on promoting to people how much you can benefit from drinking milk. And it's always great to see an event like this is getting a lot of attention from people because it was indeed for a good cause. It was never hard for me to convince myself to drink milk. Because I have always like to drink one. In fact, I used to bring a small milk carton to school almost everyday. Even up until I'm in my college years. Sometimes, I even make myself to drink one small carton while I was laying down trying to sleep at night. Just because it helps me to put myself asleep. And I usually end up getting up with spilled milk on my bed cover. Seriously.
Anyway, I'm putting some of my favourite got milk ? advert in conjunction to World Milk Day. Drink up people.




Other than the mischievous news on the Gaza fleet attack and World Milk Day. I came upon reading Ieka's blog (click here)about 'Everybody Draw Muhammad Day'. It was declared on May 20th by a Seattle cartoonist named Molly Noris in order to counter fear towards a radical Muslim group who threat that they could kill the people behind oblivious act towards sensitive issues regarding religion and in this case, Islam if they choose to insult the Muslims most beloved, Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.
For more information, click here.

I make cartoons about current, cultural events. I made a cartoon of a 'poster' entitled "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day!" with a nonexistent group's name -- Citizens Against Citizens Against Humor -- drawn on the cartoon also. I did not intend for my cartoon to go viral. I did not intend to be the focus of any 'group'. I practice the first amendment by drawing what I wish. This particular cartoon of a 'poster' seems to have struck a gigantic nerve, something I was totally unprepared for. I am going back to the drawing table now!
(taken from Norris's website)
(taken from Norris's website)
I couldn't help but notice that there are so many people are against Islam these days. And I truly believe because they felt threaten because Islam is becoming more and more known in comparison to many years back. And that more and more people are learning to know about this one religion and getting smarter to question why people are so threaten with Islam because there's nothing wrong to it ?
Maybe there are some Muslims that can be categorized for having zero knowledge in their own religion for going against what our Prophet Muhammad commend us to practice. I believe there are also some people in other religion who are just like these people who pretended to be a wiseacre religion wise. Because I believe humans are not perfect. And because of these few radical Muslims lack of knowledge in their own religion, it effected so many other Muslims around the globe just because they are Muslims too. Prophet Muhammad told us to always dealt with troubles or people against Islam in a non-violence way. Nothing good can come out from war. So why bother to start one. And our beloved Prophet Muhammad dealt with wars during his time when he really needed to. And he never wanted to, to begin with. Just look how things end up between Iraq and America ? Are there any good ? I believe not. Whereas, a lot of people are suffering from losses, dying and losing family members and their beloved.
Something good did came out from all this. That is, more people are converting to Islam after trying to get to know about what Islam is truly is. We are in fact not a terrorist or violent in this case. And I'm by all means are not against other religion. All I'm trying to say is don't judge something without even knowing the real fact. What you see in the news are not always true. You shouldn't be trusting people you barely knew. What makes you into believing the words in the press anyway ?
Maybe there are some Muslims that can be categorized for having zero knowledge in their own religion for going against what our Prophet Muhammad commend us to practice. I believe there are also some people in other religion who are just like these people who pretended to be a wiseacre religion wise. Because I believe humans are not perfect. And because of these few radical Muslims lack of knowledge in their own religion, it effected so many other Muslims around the globe just because they are Muslims too. Prophet Muhammad told us to always dealt with troubles or people against Islam in a non-violence way. Nothing good can come out from war. So why bother to start one. And our beloved Prophet Muhammad dealt with wars during his time when he really needed to. And he never wanted to, to begin with. Just look how things end up between Iraq and America ? Are there any good ? I believe not. Whereas, a lot of people are suffering from losses, dying and losing family members and their beloved.
Something good did came out from all this. That is, more people are converting to Islam after trying to get to know about what Islam is truly is. We are in fact not a terrorist or violent in this case. And I'm by all means are not against other religion. All I'm trying to say is don't judge something without even knowing the real fact. What you see in the news are not always true. You shouldn't be trusting people you barely knew. What makes you into believing the words in the press anyway ?
Though this is much rather upsetting, I would like to see the positive side and the outcome from all this. I believe that more and more people are now aware with the existence of Islam. Because Islam used to be not abroad in people's knowledge. And insyaAllah, with God's will, justice will prevail soon. I know Muslims are mad with the existence of 'Everyone Draw Muhammad Day' and we should be because we love our most beloved Prophet Muhammad. And there's nothing wrong being mad about it. But please be knowledgeable towards your act. Don't start war. You can claim justice by being patience with all the things that's being accused towards us Muslims. Just like how Prophet Muhammad dealt with the jews during his days. How they threw him with shits while he was performing his daily shalat. It's okay to protect verbally, but not by threatening people or cursing with bad words. Because that will only visualize us more as a religion that practiced violent acts. Be smart and judgmental before doing something. And be sensitive. You think you're trying to do good for your religion, but it turns out the absolute opposite because you're not sensitive and not thinking ahead. Let them with their 'Everyone Draw Muhammad Day'. We can't do anything about it to stop. Especially with the Americans having their freedom of speech in their country. Let them talk and let people know about this. You can go against and join the 'Against 'Everyone Muhammad Day' Facebook group' (Click here). But let them talk and let us just swallow in. They're trying to make us act all violence, but let's just swallow. Soon, people will know and get to know what Islam is offering. InsyaAllah. With God's will because we believe and have faith in Him.
Try to read this to0 : Here.

No comments:
Post a Comment