Yesterday, I took the time to have lunch with two of my favourite girls, Manda and Zainab a.k.a Jay. Haven't seen them in ages. Well, truthfully, it's been a month and a half for Manda, and many many months which I already lost count with Jay. I miss both of them dearly. Especially Jay. Though I consider her as one my closest bestest friend, we don't really get to talk that much ever since she left to study in Unimas, Sarawak. We don't do much phone conversation either because we were never the kind of people who loves to talk on the phone. So, as to that, reunion like this makes it more special because we would talk a lot to update on every single thing that's been happening in our lives.
I was a bit nervous at first, since we haven't been really talking. You know how time can change people. I was hoping that it won't be as awkward as it should normally be. But then, nature takes it place, and we started spilling everything. It was fun and I wish we have more time. And I guess, that's one of the reason we are the bestest of friend. As for Manda, I'm glad she seems okay. I know it's been hard for her since her mummy died early this year. Especially hard since it's Mother's Day today. She told me and Jay that she cried the night before because she kept thinking about her mother. But the warmth in her face and her cheekiness during our meet up session was entirely different from what she prescribes herself to be the night before. I know she's trying to be strong and once in awhile, I think it's normal for her to break down. It's natural and perfectly normal to my understanding because I did that too sometimes eventhough I still have my Maa with me. I wouldn't know how to be her, honestly. As to that, I think she's so amazing for being in her state. And I hope she knows I'll be here for her if she needs anything.
So, as I was saying, we went for lunch in Subang. I was up for Chillis. But then again, they don't have Chillis around Subang. So, Jay suggested that we should go for Kenny Roger's. So we eventually said yes. I haven't had those in what, 5 to 6 years ? Really. It's been that long. I had their muffins last month maybe, but I haven't been eating any other than their muffins in years. So maybe that's why I said yes instantly. So off we go to Subang Parade (SP), one of my favourite places to go to get things from groceries (We don't have Cold Storage in Shah Alam. Used to), traditional clothing, cds, magazines (SP MPH provides better option compared to SA's) and etc. But by the time we got around SP, we decided to go to Empire Shopping Gallery (which is right across SP) instead especially after noticing Chillis signage to be there. Since the thought of experiencing the newest mall in Subang to be off the hook, I agreed with Manda's idea. Jay and I decided, that this got to be our new favourite place to hang after we went wandering all over the mall. It may not be as big as One Utama Shopping Mall, Mid Valley Megamall, Pavillion KL, Sunway Pyramid or even Subang Parade. But we agreed that it was great enough for us because of the distance and we're loving the great options in clothing. My type of clothing that is. There's a few boutiques that caught me off my guard. I went mad with quite a few choices. Manda and Jay had to forbid me from over spending. So I have to thank both of them for doing it so. Haha.
So, we actually went for lunch first before we went hunting for clothes. Turns out, Chillis wasn't even open yet. Instead of wasting time wandering around to find another place to have our lunch, we got back to our second choice, which was Kenny Roger's since they have it there too in Empire Shopping Gallery. Made a pit stop at Shijokuyo (? I guess. I can't really remember what was it again.) to get my usual Pino and Coolis (Just because they reminded me of Norie (My long lost Japanese mother during my TSIE days because she used to feed me with lots of these kinds of ice-cream right after I got back from school). Yes, I have my desserts first this time. Because I've been missing and craving for those ice-creams again. Luckily they have it there too (Now you know why I love the place so much). I have to say, I'm glad we had Kenny Roger's for lunch. Because man ! , I forgot how tasty it was for me back then because I had a very satisfying meal that day.
I end up going back with just Jay to accompany me because Manda's boyfriend went to pick her up because she had to go somewhere right after. After Jay and I left Subang, we went for a quick stop to SACC to buy Mother's Day card for our Mumsy before I sent Jay back home and call it a day.
Anyway, what ever it is, I promise myself to get my butt down to Empire Shopping Mall again soon because I have so many listed things to buy there. Hihi. I made the list right after I got back home (Teruk teruk !). But too my surprise, the list of books top it off than the other unnecessary things this time. Bagus la kan ?
As for today, Happy Mother's Day Maa ! I hope you love the card and the certificate. I wanted to take you out today for you to choose your own present because I really don't know what to get for you. But there weren't much time especially with the remaining housework to do at home after we got back from Ustaz's. Which by the way reminds me, Ustaz talked about the Japanese people today. Which by the way, I have to agree a hundred and ten percent on it (if that's possible). Ustaz said that 75% of the Japanese people characteristics are the way of Islam. They're humble, polite, very very very clean, friendly, trustworthy and I would say more if I can think of it now. Since I've been to Japan twice, and I've once lived with a Japanese family myself, I have to really agree on this.
Once during the family and I took a 12 days vacation in Japan, we went to Tokyo Disneyland as one of our itineraries there. One of the family that went there with us accidentally left out their camera somewhere in the Disneyland compound after we got out from the Disneyland main gate. As we all would already know, it would be possible for the family to get their camera back because that's how things would work in Malaysia. Once you left your valuable things somewhere, you will never get it back. Maa once accidentally left her BB at a restaurant. And when she tried to get it back after a few minutes of noticing that she had left it, it wasn't there anymore and no one knows about where it went to. Because no one cares to take notice and trustworthy enough to admit they took it. Now that's Malaysian. To our surprised, the family got their camera back eventhough they had lost it for a few hours before noticing. It was still in the same place as they had left it. From that day on, we know how trustworthy Japanese can be. As for being very very very clean, it was crystal clear for us to see from the first day we got to Japan. Even the big city is clean from trash or debris. I have got to really admire that because I hate when my friends came up with stupid reasons to throw their trash all around and littering even when I asked them not to. I personally think they're being unreasonably selfish and stupid. I'm not going to apologize for being this honest because I know I'm right. As for friendly, my host family and Nanryo Junior High School students have always been so friendly to me and the other TSIE participants. I never wanted to leave because it always felt like home with them. And I've been missing Norie's cooking and the family's hospitality ever since. Japanese are never rude. At least from my experience they never were. Not even once. They talk in a very moderate soft tone. Even the guys. I remember back then, after I got back from Japan with the family, while we were moving our bags to the car, we saw this one Malaysian taxi driver talking to a foreigner with a very harsh tone. He was practically screaming to the foreigner. And I remember the family being all ashamed with the driver's attitude because that's definitely not a good first impression to welcome outsiders to Malaysia. Right then, we compared how entirely different it was Malaysian culture and the Japanese. I have to say, the family value the trip to Japan more compared to the other countries we've been to. Ayah even once said that he would love to live in Japan. And during our way back home from Ustaz's today, Ayah told Yaya to get a Japanese boyfriend. Haha.
I guess I've talked enough. Before I end this post, again, Happy Mother's Day to Maa and all the mothers in the world. You're amazing the way you are and for loving us above all other reasons. Maa, thanks for always being there for me and the others. I can't thank you enough because my thank yous are never going to be enough in comparison with what you had done and sacrifice for us all. I know you've said those words you've said before because you want me to be better because you love me. I truly understand that. Your words of wisdom are the greatest treasure to me. And I hope you won't stop giving any of that because I need that to remind myself from getting out of line. I love you and I hope Allah will bless you with a long healthy life because we will be needing you for the rest our lives. Amin. Endless love from a daughter, Lisa.
No comments:
Post a Comment